Glen Oaks’ Panthers hit the stage May 23rd wearing nature like costumes to perform in the second annual drama performance of Aesop’s Fables. With forty performers, the event was a huge success all coordinated by Glen Oaks’ very own talented teachers, Mrs. Dignin and Mrs. Ott. Click here to read more...
Darek Naglak Tabbed to Teach Origo
The Glen Oaks Running Club was a huge success this school year with about eighty fourth and fifth graders joining! Under the coaching of Mr. Carr and Ms. Gradman, students focused on the importance of stretching and pacing. Students ran over an impressive five miles during the club. Click here to read more…
Student Council sponsored a collection of non-perishable food for the local food pantry which ran from March 31 through April 16. Glen Oaks collected over 1,000 items! The classroom winners who collected the most non-perishable food were: 2E - Mrs. Bartkus, 3C – Ms. Hasapis/Ms. Mackey, 4F – Ms. Favicchio, 5C – Ms. Bradaric/Ms. Roubik. Fabulous job Panthers!!! Thanks for your year long support!
Principal’s Message April 2014
Thank you to every parent who ensured his or her child(ren) was/were well prepared for ISAT testing in March. If our students’ basic needs of food, shelter, clothing, hygiene, and love are not met, they cannot perform at their academic best.
A few reminders about safety, another basic need of all students:
1. Using a cell phone, whether for talking or texting, in any school zone is illegal. You cannot possible use your cell phone and be completely aware of the children and other cars during drop-off and pick-up times. We have almost 680 students that are arriving and leaving school each day. PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONE NEAR GLEN OAKS OR ANY OTHER SCHOOL AT ANY TIME OR ON ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.
2. Follow all traffic laws and the directions of the crossing guards when dropping off or picking up your child at Glen Oaks. U-turns are NOT legal.
3. DO NOT DROP YOUR CHILD OFF AT GLEN OAKS BEFORE 8:15 a.m. (unless they are in morning ASSETS). No staff members will be on duty to monitor the safety of your child until 8:15 a.m. Patrol members are to arrive at the front door at 8:10 a.m.
4. It is extremely difficult for the office staff to answer the phones or help a parent in the office at dismissal time (2:40 to 3:00 p.m.). If you must get a message to your child about a change in walking home, being picked up, taking the bus, or staying for an after school activity, please inform the office before 2:40 p.m.
5. Please call the absence hotline before 8:30 a.m. each day your child is absent:
Dial 708-598-5743 To Report an Absence
First, choose the correct school:
4: Glen Oaks
5: Oak Ridge
Then choose the correct prompt:
3: Report an Absence
When it is necessary for your child/children to be absent, the parent or guardian is required to call the school attendance line in the morning before 8:30 a.m. and relay the following information to the principal's office:
1. State Student’s Name and Class
2. Your Name
3. Reason For Absence
4. Homework Request
After 8:30 a.m., please call the Glen Oaks office at 708-233-6800 to report the absence.
Gaylyn Grimm and the Glen Oaks Panther Professors