The month of October is National Bullying Prevention Month. At Oak Ridge School, our Mustangs will be promoting kindness through participation in various activities.
We have exciting activities planned to help our Mustangs “Take a Stand, Lend a Hand” against bullying during the week of October 24th-28th. Each day, teachers will be working with students on ways they can help prevent bullying.
On Monday, October 24th, Victor Pacini will help us kick off our bully prevention week activities by inspiring the students of Oak Ridge School with his “Kindness Challenge”.
Students, get ready for spirit week! Plan to dress according to the following themes to help Oak Ridge “Take a Stand, Lend a Hand” against bullying! A winning class at each grade level will be chosen as the most spirited class each day and the winners will be able to participate in an extra recess after our balloon launch on Friday!
- Monday: "Mustangs against bullying" day- Wear your Oak Ridge spirit gear
- Tuesday: "Put bullying to bed" day- Wear your pajamas to school
- Wednesday: "Team up against bullying" day- Wear your favorite sports team gear
- Thursday: "Take a Stand, Lend a Hand" day- WEAR ORANGE, the official color of anti-bullying week.
o Students will be offered the opportunity to order an ORANGE shirt – order information will be sent home the first week of October.
- Friday: "Bully free from head to toe" day- This is a CrAzY day to wear your craziest hats and socks
Students will also be able to participate in a class anti-bullying slogan contest, where each homeroom will work together to develop positive message against bullying that promotes a safe and caring learning environment. A winning slogan will be selected from each grade level and displayed at Oak Ridge School!
We will hold our SIXTH annual balloon launch on Thursday, October 27th at 1:30 p.m. Please plan to join us at 1:30 p.m. on the playground behind the school to witness the Oak Ridge students and staff “Set Bullying Free!