All families NEW to District 117 must register students in grades 1st through 8th at the Dr. Ken Geraghty Administration Center and enter door number 2 located at the east side of Sorrick Elementary School, 7825 W. 103rd Street, Palos Hills.
Registration hours are Monday-Thursday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM by appointment only. Call 708-233-5763 to make an appointment.
Parent or Guardian must have the following information at the time of registration:
- Required registration forms
- Current physical including immunizations
- Transfer papers from previous school showing current grades and attendance
- State of Illinois Good Standings Form if transferring from an Illinois school
- Child's Original Birth Certificate (if foreign born, a passport must also be provided)
You must provide one document from Category A and two documents from Category B.
Category A - One document
Category B - Two documents
- Current mortgage statement
- Recent closing--HUD I Settlement
- Current real estate tax bill
- Signed lease with proof of payment
- Gas bill
- Electric bill
- Water/Sewer bill
- Phone bill - home or cell
- Cable bill
- Bank statement
- Car insurance OR vehicle registration
- Homeowner OR renter insurance
- Credit card statement
- Paycheck stub
- Change of address from post office
Residency Affidavits - Owner of residence and natural custodial parent or guardian
If parent is NOT the homeowner, notarized affidavits of residency from the resident owner and resident custodial parent along with supporting documents from both Category A (owner) and Category B (parent) must be provided.
If you have any questions about residency please call 708-233-5763.