Future city is a nation-wide competition in which students form a team and work together to design a city that could exist 100+ years in the future.
Each year a new theme is chosen for teams to focus on. This year's theme is: Clean Water: Tap Into Tomorrow
28th Annual International Competition Asks Middle School Students to Design a Resilient System to Maintain a Clean Water Supply
In order to participate in the competition, students need to complete the following:
- Create a virtual city to practice city planning and learn some of the hidden challenges,
- Write an essay describing the features of their city,
- Plan and construct a model of their city made from recycled materials,
- Design and present their city and its features to a panel of judges,
- Create a project plan to guide and document their progress toward meeting their goals.
The regional competition will be held in January, at Whitney Young Magnet School in Chicago.
Future City Official Website: Future City - Chicago
Conrady's Future City Resources
Check the calendar for meeting dates and times.