SECOND STEP Bully Prevention Unit
The Bullying Prevention Unit just wrapped up in the Kindergarten classrooms this week. The First classrooms were completed in October. The students were always enthusiastic and ready to learn.
The goals of the Bullying Prevention Unit were to:
- Develop specific student knowledge and skills for preventing and dealing directly with bullying situations
- Foster a climate of safety and respect for all
In the lessons, the students learned specific skills to help stop bullying. Students learned how to:
- Recognize when bullying is happening
- Report bullying to a caring adult
- Refuse to let bullying happen to themselves or others
- Be a bystander who stands up and is part of the solution to bullying
If you have any questions about the program or concerns about Bullying at Dorn Elementary School please contact me.
CATHY LEWIS, School Social Worker, 708-233-5606