Social Studies - Mr. Anderson
- Students will have a positive and educational learning experience
- Students will be acknowledged for each of their individual efforts
- Parents will be contacted for child’s poor performance/failing grades
- Teacher will return e-mails or phone messages within one working day
- The first two weeks begin with Digital Citizenship
- Illinois C3 Framework Standards: Civics, Geography, Economics, & History
- IL C3 Framework Inquiry: Develop question, Evaluate Source, Apply Concept, Take Action
- IL ELA Standards for S.S.: Key Idea, Craft/Structure, Integration of Ideas, Text Complexity
- Webb's Depth of Knowledge: Recall, Skill/Concept, Thinking/Reasoning, & Ext. Thinking
- Assessments will be project or portfolio-based
- Most assignments will be completed in class
- Assignments include online activities and e-worksheets & projects
- Excessive missing assignments result in parental contact
A review of 6th and 7th grade units.
SS.EC.FL.2.6-8.LC Explain the roles and relationships between savers, borrowers, interest, time, and the purposes for saving.
SS.EC.1.6-8.LC Explain how economic decisions affect the well-being of individuals, businesses, and society.
Conflict (Civil War, Revolutionary War and Vietnam)
SS.H.1.6-8.MdC Analyze connections among events and developments in broader historical contexts.
SS.IS.4.6-8.LC: Determine the value of sources by evaluating their relevance and intended use.
SS.G.2.6-8. MdC Compare and contrast the cultural and environmental. characteristics of different places or regions.
Civics (Goals of the Constitution)
SS.CV.2.6-8.LC Describe the origins, purposes, and impact of constitutions, laws, treaties, and international agreements.
SS.CV.4.6-8.LC Explain the connection between interests and perspectives, civic virtues, and democratic principles when addressing issues in government and society.