FAQs About Conrady’s ASSETs Program
What is ASSETs?
- After School Student Enrichment Teams
What are the benefits of attending ASSETs?
- Improved academic performance
- Preparation for high school, college, and career
- Intensive intervention program that focuses on important skills for reading and math.
- Highly qualified Conrady teachers
- Individualized, small group instruction for free
- Free transportation home
How are students selected?
- We examine historical data (national, state, local, etc.)
- Illinois Assessment of Readiness (IAR), iReady, NWEA MAP, ACCESS (for language proficiency), quarterly and unit assessments
- Looking at most recent scores first, then previous scores.
- The number of students in ASSETs is determined by how many teachers are available to teach the program.
What does a day in ASSETs look like?
- Teacher-led small group instruction
- Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening every day
- Strategies for developing academic English language
- Fast ForWord learning program for developing reading in English
- Reading Plus blended learning program
- Teach and reinforce grade-specific reading, writing, and language standards
- Model and implement ELA strategies and skills
- Develop and expand students’ vocabularies
- 15-20 minutes on ixl.com.
- 20-30 minutes of collaborative problem solving using reasoning and modeling practices
- 20-25 minutes playing math games to promote mathematical fluency
All skills covered will be in support of classroom skills.
What else should I know?
- October 15 - March 19
- Monday - Thursday
- Students get a free snack after school
- Bus transportation home is free
- Car riders get picked up at the front entrance
- If your child is in attendance for the regular school day but will be missing ASSETs, you must call the school office to let the secretaries know. 233-4500