Remote Learning (at-home learning)
In response to the current situation, The Illinois State Board of Education has provided school districts the ability to create remote learning plans as an opportunity to continue education during school closures.
Please understand that we recognize that there is no plan under these circumstances that is ideal, but we are trying to do our best to incorporate a system that would give us the best opportunity to stay connected to our students.
North Palos 117 will continue to provide any updates to this plan through phone calls, text messages, email, and updated information on www.npd117.net.
This page outlines the expectations that are currently in place with our North Palos 117 remote learning plan, which will go into effect Tuesday, March 31st.
- Teachers will have student work posted by 8:30 am for parents/students to access
- PreK-5th grade students will go to the links above depending on what school they attend. They will click on the grade level and the appropriate date to access the learning activities and plan created for that day.
- 6th-8th grade students will go their class pages on Schoology for instructions for the given day. On the class page, daily activities will be posted for students and parents to view.
- Teachers will be available daily to respond to any questions via email
- There will be learning activities/plans available for students/parents to access each day that we are closed beginning on Tuesday 3/31/20
- Students are encouraged to make their best effort to complete learning activities on a daily basis in order to continue the learning process during this time.
Q: What if I cannot access material online at home?
A: Please call the attendance line at 708-598-5743 and choose your child’s school, then dial 9 to leave the name of your child and grade (please ignore the fact that it refers to an absence, we are using this voicemail box for a different purpose in this instance). We will coordinate how to best get these materials to you or make them available for pickup.
Q: What if I do not understand the expectations of the learning activities?
A: Please email the teacher with your question in order to receive clarification. They will be available via email to answer these questions.
Q: What if my student is unable to complete the work for a day due to illness or other reason?
A: It is our intention to provide activities that give students the best opportunity to continue learning remotely. All we ask is that students and families make their best effort to complete learning activities on a daily basis. There is no penalty if a student is unable to complete activities due to circumstances that prevent this.
Q: Is my student required to be online during a certain time to get credit?
A: No, the expectation is that students make their best effort to complete the work that is designed for them during a given day in order to continue their learning. Students are not required to submit work at a specific time, but students are expected to engage with material in order to continue the learning process. Teachers are available to answer any concerns or questions that you may have in order to provide assistance to students as they complete learning activities.
Q: What if my student's device needs troubleshooting or repair?
A: Please send an email to [email protected] and tell us your student's name, the issue that you are experiencing, and the best way to reach you in order to follow up. You can also leave us a message on the support voicemail box at (708)233-5781. We will work to respond to you as soon as we are able. If your device is in need of repair, you can swap your student device with a loaner on Wednesdays or Fridays at the main entrance of Conrady Jr. High between 10am - 12pm. This applies to all students throughout the district. We are using Conrady Jr. High as the central location for exchange.
Technology Issues? email us at [email protected] You can also leave us a message at (708)233-5781 and we will work on following up with you as soon as possible.