ACCESS testing stands for "Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State for English Language Learners." It's a test that's given to students from kindergarten to grade 12, to assess their progress in learning English. ACCESS testing:
- Is available to WIDA Consortium member states as a primary benefit of membership
- Is administered to Kindergarten through Grade 12 students who have been identified as English language learners (ELLs)
- Is given annually to monitor students' progress in learning academic English
- Meets U.S. federal requirements of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) for monitoring and reporting ELLs’ progress toward English language proficiency
- Is anchored in the WIDA English Language Development Standards
- Assesses the four language domains of Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
North Palos SD 117 has a 16.6% student Exit Rate, above state average.