North Palos District 117 is pleased to be offering our Summer Learning Program again. Students are invited to the program based on student learning data.Summer Bridge (Grades 4-7)Dates: June 7 - June 24 (Monday - Thursday)This course is designed to give students additional instruction in the Fast Track/Honors math curriculum. Students are recommended for the course based on student learning data. Two groups of students are invited to attend, those that were enrolled in Honors or Fast Track during the school year and need additional support and students that may benefit from the course the following school year. Data collected at the end of the course will be used for placement in the next school year.Location: Conrady Junior High School - 7950 W. 97th Street - Hickory HillsTime: 9:00-12:00Incomplete Remediation (Grades K-7)Dates: June 7 - June 24 (Monday - Thursday)This course is designed for students that earned incomplete grades during the 2020-2021 school year. In this course, students will receive instruction on the essential standards of the grade level to ensure that students are prepared for the 2021-2022 school year.Location: Conrady Junior High School - 7950 W. 97th Street - Hickory HillsTime: 9:00-12:00Reading and Math Program (Grades K-7)Dates (K-7): July 12 - July 29 (Monday - Thursday)
Location (K-2nd): Sorrick Elementary School - 7825 W. 103rd Street - Palos HillsTime (K-2nd): 9:15-12:15Location (3rd-7th): Conrady Junior High School - 7950 W. 97th Street - Hickory HillsTime (3rd-7th): 9:00-12:00Enrolling
- Reading comprehension
- Fluency instruction
- Word Study/Phonics/Phonemic Awareness
- Math Facts/Fluency
- Number Sense and Operations
Families that indicated they would like to have their child ride the bus to and from summer school will be notified of their bus information no later than the week of May 31 for the June program and the week of July 5 for the July program. Information will be mailed to the child's home. All questions about busing should be directed to the Transportation Department at (708) 233-4562.
Car Drop-Off and Pick-Up: Sorrick
Arrival Information: 9:00
The K-2 Summer Learning Program will be held at Sorrick Elementary School, which is located at 7825 W. 103rd Street in Palos Hills. To drop off your child, please follow these steps:
- Use Bill Dunnett Parkway at the east side of Sorrick School and proceed to the rear of the building making two rows of cars. Follow the yellow lines and arrows on the map above. Drive as far as you can (up to the stop sign).
- Parents will park their cars in the drop off lanes & walk their child to the door where a staff member will greet you.
- A staff member will be checking your child’s self-certification form. If you do not have a completed self-certification form for your child, you will be asked to bring your child home to complete this.
- Students will be entering the building through Door 6.
Dismissal Information: 12:15
To pick up your child, please follow these steps:
- You will be receiving a sign with your child’s name. To be dismissed safely, this sign MUST be displayed by the parent or guardian.
- Please proceed to the rear of the building, just like arrival. Follow the yellow lines and arrows on the map above.
- There will be two lanes of parked cars. You may use either lane. Drive as far as you can (up to the stop sign).
- Turn off your car. Walk up to Door #6 with your card and your child will be dismissed to you. Parents who do not have their child’s name card must park in a parking space in the front parking lot, and go to the office to show identification to pick up their child. Your child will be brought to the office at the end of walker dismissal.
To ensure each child’s safety, please follow these guidelines during arrival/dismissal:
- Use the drop off/pick up lanes; do not park in the parking spaces.
- Make a single line while standing at the walker door, and have your sign ready when picking up your child.
- Only adults may pick up students from the walker door. If the adult is accompanied by other children/siblings, they MUST remain with the adult at all times.
- Cell phone use is prohibited during drop off/pick up.
- Proceed as instructed by NPD117 staff and use caution in the walker areas.
- Please make every effort to drop off and pick up your child on time.
Car Drop-Off and Pick-Up: Conrady
If you will be driving your child to Conrady, please bring your child to school at 8:45 a.m.
To drop off your child, please follow these steps:
- There will be a single lane of traffic in the front circle driveway.
- Students may only exit their car at the main entrance of the building. A staff member will be waiting to check your child’s self certification form.
- If your child’s self certification form is complete, they may enter the building through the main entrance.
- If your child’s self certification form is not complete or missing, parents will be asked to pull off to the other lane to complete the self certification form. Students may not enter the building until their self certification form is complete and checked by a staff member.
- Once your child is cleared to enter the building, you may exit the parking lot either by Roberts Road (north/south bound) or 97th street (east bound).
Students will be dismissed at 12:00.
To pick up your child, please follow these steps:
- Vehicles must pull as far forward toward the flagpole as possible.
- Once your child is safely in your vehicle, you may use the second lane to exit the parking lot.
Arrival and Dismissal Reminders:
- Bikers and Walkers: Cross Roberts Road ONLY at 95th/Roberts or with Crossing Guard at 97th/Roberts Road.
- 5 MPH Speed Limit through school parking lots and driveways at all times.
It’s the law! Please stay off your cell phone while in the school zone.Reporting an AbsencePlease call 708-598-5743 and select the building your child's program is held at.