Our health care providers give direct care to students with injuries, acute illnesses and manage students with special health care needs.*Jody Toman-Conrady Registered Nurse
*Mary Ruiz-Districtwide Certified School Nurse
*Michelle Tiller-Dorn Registered Nurse
*Margaret Janda-Sorrick Health Clerk
* Robin Neumann-Oak Ridge Health Clerk* Cindy Grochocinski-Glen Oaks Health Clerk
CERTIFIED SCHOOL NURSE
· Liaison between school personnel, family, health care professionals and community.
· Identification of health condition that may create a barrier to educational progress.
· Emergency plan development to manage emergent events in the school setting (i.e.diabetes, asthma, seizures, nut allergy).
· Participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary team in the identification, evaluation and placement of students into special education programs.
· Participates in the development of health-related policies and procedures in compliance with state mandates.· Assesses he safety needs of the school environment in compliance with OSHA guidelines and implements the Blood-Borne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan.
· Vision screening/referral
· Hearing screening/referral
· Illinois State Board of Education mandatory reporting of immunization compliance.
· Communicable disease reporting to IDPH.
· School environment safety monitoring (playgrounds, potential hazards.)
· Maintains accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates.
The NPD117 Health Department Staff:
- Is CPR Certified
- Is First Aid Certified
- Is Hearing/Vision Certified
- Maintains communication with administrators, teachers, other school personnel and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the healthy and safety needs of students.