What we do in Ms. Brudzisz’s Art Class…
Establish Goals for Success in Art
· Students put forth an effort towards daily goals to be successful
· Students and teacher design project criteria to reinforce skills, vocabulary, and ideas.
· Students respectfully and safely use art materials and equipment.
Focus on 21st Century Skills
· Students create unique works of art.
· Students find unique visual solutions to visual problems.
· Students work in groups or as a team to createart.
· Students ask questions and critique works of art.
· Students know how and why an art object was made.
· Students make art that communicates ideas.
· Students talk and share ideas about art in classroom discussions.
· Students lead and assist other students in following directions, rules, and procedures.
Incorporate Multicultural Education
· Subject matter, concepts, and themes are considered from multiple perspectives of diverse cultural groups.
· Students construct knowledge of culture from art experiences
· Students examine how art shapes culture and society, past and present.