3 and 4 year old Pre-Kindergarten Screening
Registration packets for preschool screenings will be available for pick up outside the main entrances at both Dorn and Sorrick schools beginning on Wednesday, May 20. Registration packets for preschool screenings will be accepted through May 29. Information regarding kindergarten registration will be sent out in the near future.
If your child is accepted into the Pre-Kindergarten program, the following applies:
- If you live at 8800 South Harlem, your child will attend Sorrick School
- If you live NORTH of 95th Street, your child will attend Dorn School (excluding 8800 South Harlem)
- If you live SOUTH of 95th Street, your child will attend Sorrick School.
- PreK is a half-day program – morning session 9:00-11:30, afternoon session 12:45-3:15.
- The determination of AM or PM placement is determined in a manner to be most conducive to a heterogeneous pupil classroom model and which is designed to meet the individual needs of students. No requests will be taken.
- PreK students attend school five days per week; Monday – Friday. The school year begins August 20 and continues through early June.
- PreK is a free program. If your child rides the bus, that is free also.
- Home visits and Open House are requirements of PreK, and the dates of these events will be communicated upon acceptance into the program. Monthly parent participation consisting of parent workshops, chaperone field trip, or attending evening parent-child activities is a mandatory part of our program. Parents are also required to attend Parent Participation Orientation in September.
If you have any questions, please call Sorrick School, 708-233-8200 or Dorn School, 708-233-5600.