3 and 4 Year Old Pre-Kindergarten Registration
Pre-Kindergarten registration for the 2017-2018 school year begins March 1st and continues through April 21st for residents of North Palos School District 117. Children must be born between 9/2/12 and 9/1/14 to participate in this registration. Currently enrolled Pre-Kindergarten students DO NOT need to register for screening.
Pre-Kindergarten registration will be held at Dorn and Sorrick Schools. Registration hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00AM-3:00PM. When returning the registration packet, you are required to bring your child's birth certificate and proof of residency. You must register in person at the school that represents the area where your child resides:
- 8800 South Harlem residents register at Sorrick School
- Registration will be held at Dorn School for children residing NORTH of 95th Street
- Registration will be held at Sorrick School for children residing SOUTH of 95th Street
Screenings: All children will be screened in the following areas: vocabulary, visual-motor integration, language and speech development, English proficiency, fine and gross motor skills, social skills, cognitive development, vision and hearing. Screenings will be held at Dorn on April 25th and April 28th at Sorrick. You will be given a screening appointment after return of the registration packet, birth certificate and residency documentation.
Enrollment: You will be notified by June 16th if your child has been accepted to the Pre-Kindergarten program for the 2017-2018 school year.
- If you live South of 95th Street, your child will attend Sorrick School.
- If you live North of 95th Street, your child will attend Dorn School (excluding 8800 South Harlem)
- If you live at 8800 South Harlem, your child will attend Sorrick School
- Pre-Kindergarten is a half-day program – morning session 9:00-11:30, afternoon session 12:45-3:15.
- The determination of AM or PM placement is completely random. No requests will be taken.
- Pre-Kindergarten students attend school five days per week; Monday - Friday. The school year begins August 18th and continues through the end of May.
- Pre-Kindergarten is a free program. If your child rides the bus, that is free also.
- Home visits, Parent Orientation, and Open House are requirements of Pre-Kindergarten and will be held in August. Monthly parent participation is a mandatory part of our program, and parents are required to attend workshops, participate in classroom activities, or evening parent-child activities on a monthly basis.
If you have any questions, please call Sorrick School, 708-233-8200 or Dorn School, 708-233-5600.
The following documentation must be submitted along with the completed registration packet:
- Child's Birth Certificate
- If foreign born, passport must also be provided
- Proof of Residency - You must provide documentation showing you live at the address you provided. All documents must be current and show name of parent(s) and an address. Please provide three of the following documents:
All documents must be current and show your name and address.
You must provide one document from Category A and two documents from Category B.
Category A - One document
- Current mortgage statement
- Recent closing - HUD I Settlement
- Current real estate tax bill
- Signed lease with proof of payment
Category B - Two documents
- Gas bill
- Electric bill
- Water/Sewer bill
- Phone bill - cell or home
- Cable bill
- Bank statement
- Car Insurance OR vehicle registration
- Homeowner OR renter insurance
- Credit card statement
- Pay check stub
- Change of address from post office
*Residency Affidavits - Owner of Residence and Natural Custodial Parents
If the parent is not the homeowner - notarized affidavits of residency from the resident owner and the resident custodial parent along with supporting document from both Category A (owner) and Category B (parent) must be provided.
If you have any questions, please call Dorn School, 708-233-5600 or Sorrick School, 708-233-8200.
7840 West 92nd Street
Hickory Hills, IL 60457
Dr. Eileen McCaffrey Principal
7825 West 103rd Street
Palos Hills, IL 60465
Mrs. Sara Olson, Principal