Current Number of
"ACTIVE CONFIRMED CASES QUARANTINED": 5
This number reflects the total number of staff and students district-wide who are currently quarantined and isolated at home due to testing positive for COVID-19. This number is updated each time there is a status change. The last status change occurred on 5.7.2021
(Note: Cases reported are indicative of those contracted while the district is in session)
New Cases Added the Week of May 10, 2021
DORN: 0 Confirmed Case Reported
SORRICK: 0 Confirmed Case Reported
GLEN OAKS: 0 Confirmed Case Reported
OAK RIDGE: 1 Confirmed Cases Reported
CONRADY: 0 Confirmed Cases Reported
DISTRICT OFFICE: 0 Confirmed Case Reported
TRANSPORTATION: 0 Confirmed Case Reported
Efforts by NORTH PALOS SCHOOL DISTRICT 117 to mitigate any potential spread of the COVID-19 virus include:
- interviews and investigation to identify close contacts with individuals who were within six feet for a prolonged period of time (15 cumulative minutes or more)
- mandatory quarantine for all confirmed cases and close contact individuals for the amount of time indicated by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- continued cleaning and disinfecting of school facilities
- continued wearing of face masks
- continued social distancing as much as possible
- tracking and monitoring of failed health screening data
Everyone should monitor their health and stay at home if they develop symptoms. Sick persons should contact their healthcare provider to determine if testing is needed. Anyone who develops severe symptoms should seek medical care immediately. If your child has had close contact with a known case of COVID-19, keep the child at home and notify your primary healthcare provider, the North Palos School District COVID Team at [email protected], and your local health department.
We are committed to providing students and staff with a safe and healthy environment.
1 Symptoms of COVID-19 include: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
2 Severe symptoms of COVID-19 include: trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, bluish lips or face.