- Students are to arrive at Oak Ridge at 8:25 A.M., prepared and ready to learn.
- Before 8:15 a.m. there is no supervision and we must insist for their safety, that students do not arrive before 8:15 in the morning.
- Our school hours are 8:25 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
- On TEAM Days, our students are dismissed at 1:30 p.m.
- On half days, our students are dismissed at 11:30 a.m.
- Please call our attendance line at 598-5743 and press 5 for Oak Ridge School. Please leave a message with your child's name and the date and reason for the absence.
Front Entrance Procedure
- There is a camera and a speaker at our front entrance
- You will need to state your name and your business before being allowed entry into the building
- If you are allowed entrance into the building, PLEASE DO NOT allow others to enter with you
Late Lunch Drop-off
- There is a table inside the front entrance
- Place your child’s lunch on the table and staple the form to your child’s lunch
- Lunches will be collected by staff members and distributed to students prior to their lunch period
Joining Students for Lunch
- Parents and grandparents ONLY
- Written notification and copy of ID/Driver’s License turned in to office ONE WEEK PRIOR to lunch
- MUST submit IL state IDs/Drivers License to the office ONE WEEK PRIOR to volunteering
Cell Phone Usage in School Zones
- There is ABSOLUTELY NO CELL PHONE USAGE while waiting to drop off/pick up your child
- It is ILLEGAL to use a cell phone in a school zone and is UNSAFE for our students
Parent Morning Drop Off is 8:15-8:25 AM
- Please do not drop off your child before 8:15 a.m. as there will not be supervision until that time. The back gate remains open until 8:25.
- Begin by entering the south entrance off 88th Avenue.
- As you enter the black top area, turn right and follow the cones and horses as guides.
- Please stay in line and follow the directions of Mrs. Ferry and Mr. Mike.
- Circle around the north side of the blacktop along the building. Your child will only be allowed to exit your vehicle when your vehicle is inside the LOADING ZONE.
- Let your child out of the car only when in position near doors 4 and 5.
- When students have safely entered or exited the passenger side of the vehicle you can continue along the cones and arrows to exit the north drive.
- Above all, please have patience and understanding! We want the children to arrive safely!
Parent Afternoon Pick Up is 2:40 PM
- The afternoon pick up procedure is the same as the morning.
- Again, your child will only be allowed to enter your vehicle when your vehicle is inside the LOADING ZONE.
- Cars will not be allowed on blacktop area before 2:35 p.m.
- If you need to come into the building for any reason after school, please park in the front lot and enter the building using the front entrance, (Buses usually begin to arrive at 2:35 pm and depart by 3:00 pm) Please use the cross walk near the front entrance when crossing the parking lot to enter the school building.