Home Internet Support Resources
Home Internet Support for Families
To help support learning at home, NPD117 recommends families to take advantage of these opportunities when it comes to securing at home internet access.
Option #1 - Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program is a permanent opportunity provided by the FCC to ensure that all have access to home internet. Click on the link above to get started. More information and common questions can be found on the support page. It is highly recommended for families to take advantage of this opportunity in order to receive a free or discounted internet service which comes directly off your bill. Qualifying families will receive a $30 monthly discount from their home internet provider. If you are already receiving home internet through a provider, you can apply for this discount to be applied to your current bill.
Option #2 - Internet Essentials from Comcast
The Internet Essentials program from Comcast provides low cost home internet access for $9.95/month. There is also the ability to sign up for Internet Essentials and enroll in the Affordable Connectivity Program listed above to get internet service completely free.
Am I eligible for Internet Essentials?
You may qualify if you:
- Live in an area where Xfinity Internet service is available
- Qualify for programs like the National School Lunch Program, housing assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, and others, or are enrolled or enrolling in the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) with Xfinity
- Have not had Xfinity Internet within the last 90 days (unless enrolled in ACP with Xfinity)*
- Have no outstanding debt to Xfinity that is less than one year old (unless enrolled in ACP with Xfinity)*
* The 90-day and outstanding debt eligibility requirements are also temporarily being waived through December 31, 2023, for new Xfinity Internet customers regardless of enrollment in ACP with Xfinity
Signing up is easy and fast from your mobile device, go to: https://www.internetessentials.com/apply