Pre-Kindergarten Screening Registration Information
Pre-Kindergarten Screening (3 and 4 year old)
Welcome to the Pre-Kindergarten registration page! Registration for Pre-Kindergarten fall screening for the 2023-2024 school year is currently closed. We will resume accepting registrations for the Spring soon. Currently enrolled PreK students DO NOT need to register for screening.
If you reside North of 95th street, register for Dorn's Spring Screening: CLICK THIS LINK
If you reside South of 95th street or reside at 8800 South Harlem, register for Sorrick's Spring Screening: CLICK THIS LINK
Spring screening dates will be coming soon. Once you register, we will contact you for additional required paperwork from the building secretary. See below for frequently asked questions!
*Registration to be screened is NOT an automatic placement within the program.*
- You must provide all required paperwork to secure an appointment for screening. (Building secretaries will provide you with the information).
- An appointment for screening does NOT result in a guaranteed placement within the program.
- You will not receive an immediate call from the building secretary once you register. The building secretaries will call you 6-8 weeks prior to the selected screening dates.
- Screenings and open enrollment for Dorn and Sorrick are conducted on different days. Please make sure you are following the guides for the school your child would attend if eligible.
- Pre-K is a half-day program
- morning session 9:00-11:30 AM
- afternoon session 12:45-3:15 PM.
- The determination of AM or PM placement is determined in a manner to be most conducive to a heterogeneous pupil classroom model and which is designed to meet the individual needs of students. No requests will be taken.
- Pre-K students attend school five days per week; Monday – Friday. The school year begins August 22, 2023 and continues through June 5, 2024.
- Pre-K is a free program. Bus transportation is also free.
- North Palos District 117 23-24 School Calendar (Click Here)
Sorrick School, 708-233-8200 or Dorn School, 708-233-5600.
Nena Awad- Preschool Coordinator, [email protected]